Range of questions related to the creation of a website, for most people, even those who are familiar with the Internet, need professional answers. In order to successfully order the creation of your website from a professional web design studio, a potential customer must have at least an initial understanding of the principles and methods that go into the creation of the websites.
The material presented below is based on processing a large number of questions of our customers. These answers to FAQs are universal enough and are equally suitable for the entire spectrum produced by our company web sites, virtual business cards, from promotional sites to online stores and corporate web servers.
We also recommend to get acquainted with a glossary of terms that are used by professional WEB-developers.
All definitions are arranged in the thematic order.
Site Security (2)
The malicious code is often implemented at the sites by hackers who somehow gained access to the servers or content management system.
As a source of infection may be codes banner systems, counters, and other third-party code that you pasted on your page. It should be remembered that the banner systems can be broken in the same way as any other sites – the owners may not be aware of the nuisance generated code.
If your site allows users to post or upload files, it is possible that malicious code was downloaded by one of the users, either deliberately or accidentally.
Period of inspections varies, we can not say when it will be verified a particular site. Therefore, data on malicious code on the site can be updated with a delay.
The site on which your hosting provider has found malicious content typically is re-scanned. But if in the course of the next test would be that the site is still infected, the intervals between rechecking will increase. The earlier site is decontaminated, the faster your hosting provider will know about it and will enable your site to reduce the dangers to users.
Digital Marketing (5)
Website promotion or so called “digital marketing” is a complex of works in order to raise positions in search engines using keywords (phrases). The result is an increase in search engine promotion targeted visitors, the increase in referrals and sales from the site. The work to support and improve the achieved positions in search engines is ongoing with monthly reports.
The contract for search engine optimization of the website specifies entering your target queries in the top ten, top five or top three search engines such as Google, Yahoo, or Bing. Often, it takes three to four months, depending on the popularity of the selected key phrases. However, this does not mean that the first results will advertise the site at the end of the period specified in the contract. Experience shows that for the duration of promotion the site position in search engines will improve and the number of visits will gradually grow, respectively.
Clients can keep track of the intermediate results of webmaster’s work. Website Statistics help my clients to monitor visitors’ activities on the site. Agreement for website promotion includes the following highlights:
- terms of fulfillment of obligations;
- the cost of services to promote your site;
- purpose and scope of work (optimization, promotion and support);
- monthly reports on website optimization and promotion;
- keyword analysis,
- submission to search engines.
Search engine promotion of the website includes the following steps:
- The first thing I do is study the content and theme of your current website. To do this, I also analyze the websites of your direct competitors and construct semantic core of the site (a list of key phrases, which will be followed by promotion).
- Clients can choose their keywords themselves, for which I recommend that you use the service such as Wordstat and then send those keywords to Vital Webmaster, LLC. I will, if necessary, adjust and make you an offer after that.
- In the second stage, I analyze in detail the technical part of your site for possible problems and errors, and offer options to address them. At this stage there is a distribution on relevant keyword pages and start the optimization process, which involves optimization of the source code, measures to improve the usability (ease of navigation for visitors), editing of existing texts and writing new, user-friendly content for search engines and potential buyers.
- The third stage, in most cases, is the most important one. It is to attract links to your site with high quality resources. In advancing my clients’ sites, I actively use regional and thematic directories, blogs, forums, social media and business portals for maximum visibility of your website.
Each of these ways of advertising a website has its pros and cons. Contextual advertising (Pay-Per-Click advertising) allows you to get your ads throughout the day, adjust the geographic region, ad schedule and daily budget. But each transition member is paid. In turn, the search engine optimization brings tangible benefits no earlier than one month after the start of operations on SEO of your website. But you get more and more targeted visitors every day you work on search engine promotion. Work on the search engine optimization and promotion of sites have long lasting effect. This means that even after stopping work on the site, its position in the search engines will be progressively lowered, and for some keywords possibly can stay on the first page. In addition, the cost of the transition to the target site in the end is several times cheaper than PPC advertising. Therefore, to compare the two types of attracting targeted visitors is not entirely correct.