Category: Promotion & Internet Marketing
In this article I would like to answer these questions: Do I need a website? How much does a website cost? How do I find a web designer (webmaster)? What are the requirements for a website design? What are the Stages of development? What is Search Engine Optimization and and how do I make my website visible online through Internet Promotion?
While working here in America, I have learned a few things about writing business type emails. Although there are many good things that are already on Internet about Business Writing, I would like to add my few cents in this article “5 Things Worth Remembering When Writing Business Emails”. Those are just a few things that I apply every day at work.
I understand that those may not be the best practices, but if you have any other great ideas on this topics, you are welcome to comment here.
Remember, that by following any rules when writing emails (either personal or business) you provide clarity in your expectations, are able to persuade your readers, show your professionalism and care, and avoid an opportunity of your emails being deleted before your message is read (about 80% messages are not read because of not following simple rules in writing).
So here they are, 5 Things Worth Remembering:
- When having more than two replies, start with a new email that summarizes the previous two emails and include a new subject line
- Always leave ONE space after punctuation mark that ends a sentence
- Apply 10 second rule (skim and scan) – decide what to do with an email (delete or continue to read). Look for sign posts (headings, bullets, bold/italics, color, etc.) they will help you to make a quick decision about the importance of your email
- Always start your emails with the most important sentence at the top and then say why. I always map out my emails ahead by:
- Setting a conversation goal (decide what do you want to achieve by sending the email)
- Do reader analysis to understand who your readers are (do they prefer to read papers, like detail or process oriented; do they like to be concise and shorter emails,is “less is more” important to them; are they bottom liners, never print, do they prefer text to pictures, etc.)
- Brainstorm for key ideas (write them down without thinking “why?”, basically write the first thing that comes to your head on that matter). Come-up with 40 keywords, then group them to 3-5 categories. If it does not matter what you want to say, it matters what they want to know
- Sort your ideas using conversational goal. The sorting process must always support your goal
- Outline support (visual support: charts, graphs, diagrams, etc; non-visual support: examples, experience, research, comparisons, etc.)
- Outline your email for quick comprehension (introduction, content set, body with support points, conclusion).
- Write your first draft
- Finalize your email with the coleague or read a couple more times to see if you will achieve the goal you are looking for
- Maximize the power of subject lines by writing your purpose (goal) and action (for example, instead of using acronims ASAP, be specific and let your reader know by what date it should be done, i.e “Need $200 by this Friday” vs. “Need Money ASAP”).
Here is an example of the email I wrote to one of my clients at work:
Subject: Follow-up on Pricing Discussions – Please reply by 12-20-2012
Dear Joe Doe,
I am writing to you to follow-up on our pricing information that we have presented last week during our visit.
First of all, I appreciate the time you took to meet with us and to discuss current and new business opportunities. Based on our discussion we had last week, I would like to present to you our updated pricing information:
|With Supply Agreement|
|W/out Supply Agreement|
We are confident we can help you create a plan to get your new business off the ground. Working with The Company would be an effective way to do that because The Company provides the four things you need most at this point in your business:
- A plan – together we will create a production plan that is tailored to your needs and would provide confidence in delivery schedules.
- Accountability – We will keep you on track with our phone calls and visits (since we are close to each other) so your production doesn’t get put on the back burner.
- Quality and Assurance – The Company will continue delivering good quality Product XYZ based on years of experience in our production.
- Peace in mind – Using multi-sourcing will keep your process up and will protect you from supply failures and safeguard against supply uncertainties by having several alternative suppliers.
I’ll call you next week to continue the conversation but in the meantime, please reply to my email and let me know by this Friday, 12-20-2012 whether presented pricing is acceptable and when should we expect a Purchase Order from you.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Well, good luck in your business writing. Comments are appreciated!emai
All sometimes I want to purchase a product without leaving my home. Purchase of foreign products is also quite popular today. Intermediaries between buyers and sellers in this case are the online stores. There are too many on the web today. This is the most competitive niche online. Therefore, promoting your online store could be very difficult and not cost effective.
One of the main difficulties of working with an online stores is that due to the presence of various products and their models on the site there is a huge amount of low-frequency queries. However, sales are basically exactly with these requests, and they need to make a special emphasis.
It is believed that each page can be promoted only by one request. This is true when it comes to high-demand request. But if you use low demand, then there can be used multiple queries for one page.
In order to create a semantic core for an online store, you need to use special programs, for example, Key Collector or services such as Rookee or Seopult. Do not forget that all the key questions to be analyzed according to their geolocation (specific region).
Try to use only unique description for each item store. Even if you are dealing with a large number of nearly identical models of the same product, you still need to come up with the unique way of representing those models. Keeping a lot of the same pages is dangerous, as the search engines can find them as duplicates and apply filters on the site.
One of the main rules of the promotion of the online store is that when you click on a link from the search results, the user must immediately get on the right page. If a user searches Apple monitors, then he should get to a page with Apple monitors.
Photos for the site must also be unique. Good photos will give a lot of traffic from the search images.
Behavioral factors also play a big role. For their exact tracking you can use Google Analytics or any other third party tracking services.
It is important that online reviews have been written right.
If possible, place videos on products. They are loved by both users and search engines.
Be sure to get promotion in social networks. Do not forget about Twitter and Instagram.
You can find more information on the promotion in the “Promotion & Marketing” section.
There are many directories to which you can submit your website for free. Besides famous Yahoo and DMOZ directories, you can submit your website to other directories that could help you with your SEO ranking. There are a few tools you can use to automate your submission. Not all directories accept automated submissions. So, be careful on where you submit your website, to avoid any potential spamming b.y different useless websites.
Below is presented a small free directory submission list to which you can submit your website:
http://www.FlameRate.com (only one url can be submited for one email address)