The word “usability” appeared in our everyday life recently, and immediately became actively used in various fields. In fact, the study of this concept in relation to the different areas involved in the whole scientific discipline. Usability originally meant user interaction with the interface software, but then also became one of the Fundamental values in web-design. An example of compliance with such principles may be in the form of navigation “bread crumbs” used by many webmasters.
It is because of the usability of the website depends weather your visitors will continue using your website. Usability enhances visitors experience. This is kind of a synonym for “ergonomics”, used in industrial website design. The usability of the website is considered important by search engines, and no doubt, plays a crucial role on your positioning and retention of your visitors.
An example of a qualitative study of the issue of usability can be a modern administrative control panel, which combines functionality with ease of operation.
Site structure largely affects the rate, and on whether it is comfortable, as well as the sequence of actions performed by the user for the purchase depends on the level of sales online store. Even in the case of a simple corporate online business card site usability is also important. If it is even difficult to visitor to locate the contact information, it is unlikely that he/she will use the services of such a company. People do not like to make unnecessary actions, and this fact is taken into account.
Website Usability Best Practices allow you to increase the conversion, and it can be done with the help of the corresponding components of improving the site. allows you to increase the conversion, and it can be done with the help of the corresponding components of improving the site. The main factors affecting the usability are:
- Navigation. It should be intuitive to minimize the number of transitions that are necessary to the user;
- Design. The color scheme, certain elements of the page – all this together makes a complete picture on which visitors form their impressions from the preview site.
- Page layout with commodity cards and order forms. Information should be exhaustive, photos and videos should be of a high quality. Regarding the order form – the main cause of a large number of failures at the checkout stage is too large number of fields that the user must fill out. This is a very important factor in the usability of the site for visitors;
- Built-in site search. Search should be relevant, with customization filters;
- Download speed. The faster – the better. In an era of high-speed Internet is especially true, it is unlikely that a potential buyer will wait for half a minute to load your site. It is easier to move to a competitor;
- Content.Quality and structured content should be considered mandatory.
Of course, there are many nuances that affect the usability of the site, which could fill a book. But there are also a lot of professionals that know those nuances. The factors listed above will provide you with the success if you take them into account when creating the site.